You can attend any conference for free. While, the traditional way would be to buy your way in, there are other ways to get the conference experience.
- Follow the conversation on Twitter by streaming the conference hashtag on your social media dashboard like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite.
- Follow Twitter-happy attendees, and there are usually at least a handful of them at every conference.
- Take part in a conference-related tweet up outside of the conference space to meet up with attendees in an offline environment.
- Follow the official and unofficial blogs for updates, videos and reviews on sessions.
- Attend the expo. A lot of times, this part of the conference is free. You can see what trends are happening in the industry by just chatting with vendors and fellow like-minded attendees. Then, follow up with them on LinkedIn or Twitter.
ASTD 2011 International Conference & Exposition
May 22-26 | Orlando, FL
Our helpful team of Chris, Andrea, Holly and Tyrone will be at booth 1313.
|@ASTD #ASTD2011||ASTD National|
|ASTD National Group||ASTD 2011 Blog|
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
June 26-29 | Las Vegas, NV
Our helpful team of Andrea, Holly, and Tyrone will be at booth 922.
|#SHRM @SHRM||SHRM 2011 RSVP|
|SHRM 2011 Group||SHRM Official|
Follow and tweet with Judy from @eiconnection at these conferences.